Some Stolpersteine laid in the Netherlands
Of course we want to place more Stolpersteine for Oegstgeester victims of the holocaust in the future so that people are not forgotten......
More information about Stolpersteine via this link:
Our foundation has been working on the realization of Stolpersteine ("stumble stones") in Oegstgeest for some time, which requires lengthy preparation.
We have now ordered 9 Stolpersteine in memory of the 6 patients of Rhijngeest/Endegeest who were deported and murdered during the war and 3 more residents from Oegstgeest who were also removed and murdered by the Nazi regime.
A date of the 1st stone laying is not yet known, but it is expected that this will take place in 2023.
These are the inscriptions of the 9 ordered Stolpersteine.
Endegeest - Endegeeststraatweg
1. Mrs. Amalia Sofia Cahen, 07-08-1905, died at the age of 37 in Sobibor on 21-05-1943 (gassed on arrival)
2. Mr. Levie Emanuel Fruitman, 08-09-1876, died at the age of 66 in Sobibor on 21-05-1943 (gassed on arrival)
3. Mr. Maurits van Gelderen, 08-05-1888, died at the age of 55 in Sobibor on 21-05-1943 (gassed on arrival)
4. Ms. Frouktje van Zand, 05-08-1887, died at the age of 55 in Sobibor on 21-05-1943 (gassed on arrival)
5. Mrs. Betje Rozeveldt-de Vries
Rhijngeest - Rhijngeesterstraatweg
6. Mrs. Elisa Alida Lioni- Goldschmidt, 24-01-1871, died at the age of 72 in Sobibor on April 30, 1943
7. Mrs. Aleida Maria Goudsmit-Cohen, aged 70, living at Frederik Hendriklaan 18, 03-11-1872 in Groningen, died in Sobibor on 9 April 1943
8. Mr. Baruch Pinto, 13-09-1863 in Oude Pekela, living in boarding house “Vinestok”, Warmonderweg 24, died at the age of 79 in Sobibor on April 30, 1943 (gassed on arrival)
9. Mrs. Rosalie Pinto- Juchenheim, 22-01-1864 in Wilhelmshafen, also living in boarding house “Wijnstok”, died at the age of 79 in Sobibor on April 30, 1943 (gassed on arrival)